Operation Santa Claus
Christmas is around the corner! Most often, we think of children at Christmas - particularly those children who need assistance. But in our community, we also have adults who would like to be remembered. These adults have a serious mental illness, and may not have family or friends who support them, and/or may not have the financial ability to do something special for themselves. They are clients of the Mental Health Center of North Central Alabama.
Will you join us in providing gifts for our adult friends? They are so appreciative of being remembered at Christmas. Please help us make this the most successful Operation Santa Claus Project ever!
Last year we provided gifts and a luncheon for 191 people.
You may get involved in Operation Santa Claus by:
- Early in November, call the MHA Office for the name of a person and a Wish List. Shop for the person spending approximately $35.
- Give a tax deductible donation of $35 to sponsor one person. Make checks payable to the Mental Health Association and designate it for Operation Santa Claus.
- Buy a gift or give a donation of any amount. See gift suggestions below or download the Operation Santa Claus letter which contains gift suggestions. Gifts need to be new, suitable for an adult, unwrapped and delivered to the MHA Office.
- Make a dessert for the Operation Santa Claus party. Call 256-353-1160 for details.
- Come to our wrapping party to help wrap all the gifts. Call 256-353-1160 for details.
- Download and share the Operation Santa Claus poster.
With your help, this Christmas can be an exciting time for our special friends. Please call the Mental Health Association office as soon as possible and let us know how you will help. Call for directions to the office.
Use the PayPal button below to give a tax deductible donation of $35 or more. Each $35 donation will support one person in this year's Operation Santa Claus.
$35 will provide for one person. Please include with your contribution the name of the individual and/or organization to be thanked and a mailing address. Gifts should be delivered between 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. weekdays to our office address: 207 Commerce Circle SW in Decatur, AL.