There is always a need for volunteers. In addition to the volunteer opportunities below, other volunteer opportunities are available (including serving as a member of our board). If you would like to get involved with the Mental Health Association in Morgan County, please call 256-353-1160.
Ways you can help…
- Prepare or donate lunch
- Provide entertainment
- Make a financial donation
- Donate door prizes
- Donate BINGO prizes
- Demonstrate and teach an arts and craft activity or game
- Join the Friendship House Volunteer Team
- Arrange an educational presentation for your club, church, or service organization.
- Host an educational program to learn about Alzheimer’s disease and about how you can support family, friends, or neighbors who have dementia.
- Refer your family, friend, or neighbor who is dealing with Alzheimer’s to the Alzheimer’s Program for support and education about Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Support “Project Reach” Scholarships by making a financial or product donation. (Contact the program director for appropriate products that are needed.)
- Give a memorial or honorarium to the Alzheimer’s Program in honor or in memory of someone who have been challenged by Alzheimer’s disease of other dementias.
Operation Santa Claus
- Make a financial donation.
- Adopt a wish list and shop for a person.
- Donate items that can be used for gifts. (Call MHA for a list of appropriate items.)
- Help the Executive Director with shopping.
- Help organize the gifts for the wrapping party.
- Attend the wrapping party and help wrap gifts.
- Make a dessert for the Operation Santa Claus Party.
- Volunteer to help at the Operation Santa Claus Party.
- Answer the phone and direct calls. Greet visitors.
- Assemble program folders and packets.
- Help prepare mailings.
- Shred out of date documents.
- Organize materials for various programs.